COVID-19 Information for Guests
The safety and well-being of our residents and guests will always be Red River’s top priority. We are dedicated to making you feel confident and safe when you visit our sweet little town. The Town of Red River is working closely with our business community and towns people to monitor and update the newest safety procedures and practices. Restaurants, lodging, attractions, retailers are all involved with the latest updates and standards from the local, state and national agencies. We want everyone to feel comfortable and safe.
While visiting Red River we ask that you follow the guidelines by the New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH)
While visiting Red River we ask that you adhere to the CDC’s recommended health practices such as mask wearing, frequent hand washing and social distancing from other when possible.
The latest New Mexico Public Order has a three-phase county-by-county framework implemented to permit counties to operate within various stages of restrictions, as health metrics are met. Counties will operate under one of three levels: Red, signifying very high risk; Yellow, signifying high risk; and Green, signifying medium risk.
Red River, which is part of Taos County, is currently in the Green Level.
Counties at the Yellow Level have either a new COVID-19 case incidence rate of no greater than 8 cases per 100,000 inhabitants during the most recent two-week period, or an average percent of positive COVID-19 test results over the most recent 14-day period less than or equal to 5%.
Green Level Restrictions Include:
Essential businesses (non-retail): No capacity restrictions but operations must be limited to only those absolutely necessary to carry out essential functions
NEW MEXICO SAFE PROMISE
The New Mexico Hospitality Association (NMHA) and the state’s hospitality and tourism industry announced today the launch of the New Mexico Safe Promise campaign. The initiative invites all New Mexicans to make a personal commitment to follow COVID-19 Safe Practices to help make New Mexico the safest place for its families, workers, and customers. This initiative is about local communities supporting each other to ensure that all New Mexicans are self-accountable to abide by best practice safety standards. To make the New Mexico Safe Promise, visit NMSafePromise.org.
EARN NEW MEXICO SAFE CERTIFICATION FOR YOUR BUSINESS
New Mexico Safe Certified is an industry-led initiative that trains New Mexico businesses in COVID-Safe Practices (CSPs) to help ensure all of us—customers, employees, and families—remain safe as New Mexico reopens for business and recreation. NM Safe Certified wants businesses to know they are not alone, and customers to know they can feel confident about visiting businesses in a COVID-positive world.
NM Safe Certified also awards special recognition and benefits to New Mexico businesses that have completed the NM Safe Certified training program.
NM Safe Certified Benefits include:
- Recognition as a NM Safe Certified business
- Alignment with the visible NM Safe Certified brand
- Usage of the NM Safe Certified “seal” to promote your business
- Presence on the NMSafeCertified.org business directory
- Access to NM Safe Certified Resource Toolkit, which includes sample health questionnaires and liability waivers
- Receive the latest news about revisions and updates to the All Together New Mexico: COVID-Safe Practices for Individuals and Employers
- Participation in statewide peer learning communities to share best practices, troubleshoot common challenges, and access additional resources
- Admission to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Procurement Collective
- Tourism-related business, who have their employees complete the NM Safe Certified training, will receive a ＄250 digital advertising credit per person up to ＄2,000 from New Mexico Magazine. Credit may be used toward the purchase of one-month digital media packages through January 31, 2021. Specific space requests are first come, first served and subject to availability.
Click here to learn more and get NM Safe Certified.
Pre-register for a COVID-19 Test
Register now using the New Mexico Department of Health online registration tool to receive a test or immunization at one of our various locations throughout the state. It’s important to get tested if you think you have COVID-19.
Take a COVID Test from Home
New Mexico and Vault Medical Services have teamed up to offer at-home COVID-19 saliva testing for any person who believes they need to be tested, with or without symptoms, at no cost.
- Order Your Test
- Log on for a virtual visit with Vault test supervisor (Do Not eat, drink, smoke or chew anything for 30 minutes before your testing session.
- Ship your sample to the lab using prepaid UPS package
- Get your result 24 to 48 hours after your sample arrives at the lab.