As Red River continues to grow, there are many reasons you might want to consider buying a home or business here. Let one of our many qualified realtors help you find the perfect home, whether it be for permanant relocation or an investment opportunity.
If you are interested in purchasing commercial space to open or relocate a business, contact our Economic Development Department today for an information portfolio.
Learn about RED RIVER'S COMPREHENSIVE PLAN »
Red River, New Mexico boasts an ideal climate for incomparable mountain living and starting a new business. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a zest for life among the pines, Red River is your kind of town.
The things that make Red River an excellent vacation destination also make it a wonderful place to call home. Our town has a true sense of community and neighborly spirit. Expect a relaxed pace of life and an abundance of things to do, wrapped in miles of natural beauty just outside your door. That’s not to mention the best of every season from sparkling white winters to sunny 75º summers. Red River is nestled in northern New Mexico’s beautiful Sangre de Cristo Mountains, close to many things, but far enough away to feel a world apart. With high-speed Internet, an expanding regional transit system, and a dynamic economic development plan underway, it’s an exciting time to be a part of Red River’s business community. There are plenty of great opportunities for entrepreneurs:
• There are seven highly qualified real estate firms to help you make the best decision for your business or home.
• Commercial space is available along Main Street, which receives an estimated 300,000 visitors annually.
• As a resort community, Red River’s property values have historically remained constant, showing gradual increase over time.
• Two new development projects in Red River will make way for increased traffic in upcoming years.
• T-1 digital service and high-speed wireless broadband Internet service available.
• New Mexico’s property taxes are among the lowest in the nation.
• Red River’s infrastructure has plenty of room for growth.
• Red River is working closely with the New Mexico Economic Development Department to become a “Certified Community,” making the statement that we are willing to invest in the infrastructure that successful, growing businesses need.
• Red River’s Economic Development Organization, consisting of representatives from local and regional businesses, is working to establish ways we can provide assistance in infrastructure, zoning, and relocation needs for new businesses.
• The Red River Community House provides seasonal training sessions to workers in the hospitality industry to ensure that employees in Red River are prepared to make your business a success.
“Red River is much more than breathtaking scenery and abundant recreational activities. Opportunities for just about any kind of business exist here, along with the quality of life you won’t find anywhere else. Our town is clean and friendly, and our workforce is helpful and dedicated. With business sites located within walking distance of shops, lodging, and restaurants, we know you’ll find yourself at home here in Red River.”
— Linda Calhoun, Mayor and Businesswoman
“We had dreamed of owning our own business, and the opportunity came in Red River. Over the years as the business grew, we met so many wonderful people in Red River, as well as guests and clients from all over the country. We have developed lasting friendships and enjoy being active in our community.”
— Debbie and Bill Hubbard, Realtor and Law Enforcement Officer
“After owning and operating Mountain Treasures for seven years, we can simply say: Red River is the greatest place in the world to live and own a business! Our mountains are not only breathtakingly beautiful, the weather is wonderful, and our community is so laid back and friendly.”
— Ben and Paula Richey, Mountain Treasures Gallery & Bistro
Learn more! Come visit or call 877-885-3885.